10 Things Every Restaurant Owner Should Do Monthly
Having owned multiple small restaurants, I have discovered that there are 10 things that make the biggest difference between success and failure. Here they are:
10) Keep an eye on the little things (expenses)…
9) Keep your menu updated on a regular basis, just like your inventory, don’t let it go stale.
8) Get a POS system to manage sales, inventory, cash flow, payroll and more.
7) Look at the numbers daily
6) Promotions work! Try doing at least 2 per week.
5) Cash flow is king. Make sure you always know what’s coming in and what’s going out.
4) Use Social Media – Let a picture tell 1000 words on Facebook and/or Instagram
3) Online reviews can make or break you. Treat your customers nicely.
2) Treat your staff the way you want them to treat your customers
1) The customer is not always right, but the customer is always the customer!